- Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs, 1882-1972
- Atlanta Fire Station No. 1
- Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Fire fighters--Georgia--Atlanta
Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Dept. Hook and Ladder Co. No. 1
Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Dept. Hose Company No. 1
Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Dept. Chemical Engine Co. No. 1
Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Dept. Station No. 1
Harrison, W. B.
Coley, W. Frank, 1863-1922
Pressley, R. H.
Setze, C. R.
Joyner, Walter Robertson, 1885-1906
Sharp, Macon C.
Anderson, J. H.
Driscoll, Timothy J., d. 1921
Pope, W. A.
Thurman, Charles M.
Cody, William T., d. 1924
Ivy, W. H.
Folds, M. C.
Carson, J. R.
LaFitte, J. A., Jr.
Cottingham, J. D.
Lagomarsino, J. N.
Purcell, J. M.
Parker, O. J.
Dooly, J. V.
Pressly, E. C.
White, C. P.
Benson, M. E.
Pressly, W. A.
Gillesppi, J. Ira, 1886-1913
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- gelatin silver prints
- Group portrait of Atlanta Fire Station No. 1 Hook & Ladder Company No. 1, Hose Company No. 1 and Chemical Engine Company No. 1. From left to right, front to back; Lt. W. B. Harrison, Captain W. F rank Coley, 2nd Assistant Chief R. H. Ressley, Secretary C. R. Setze, Chief W. R. Joyner; Fire Inspector Macon C. Sharp, Lt. J. H. Anderson, Ladderman G. B. Carlton, T J. Driscoll, W. A. Pope, Aide C. M. Thurman, W. T. Cody, W. H. Ivy, M. C. Folds, J. R. Carson, J. A. Lafitte Jr., J. D. Cuttingham, J. N. Lagomarsino, J. M. Pucell, O. J. Parker, J. V. Dooly, E. C. Pressley, C. P. White, M. E. Benson, W. A. Presslley, and J. Ira Gillesppi.
The City of Atlanta Fire department was established in 1848 with volunteer firefighters. The last volunteer fire chiefs were elected in 1882. The Atlanta Fire Department continues service today with the mission to "To prevent or mitigate harm to life, property and the environment. "
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: MSS 587, Steve B. Campbell Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center
- 1 photograph : sepia ; 9 x 13 in., Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center