- Boyd Lewis Photographs
- Atlanta Child Murder Cases March
- Lewis, Boyd, 1944-
- Date of Original:
Youth and violence--Georgia--Atlanta
Civil rights leaders--Georgia--Atlanta
King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, 33.752388, -84.463131
- View of participants marching to demonstrate public concern regarding the Atlanta child murder cases, including Coretta Scott King (center), on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
The Atlanta Missing and Murdered Children case pertains to a series of murders committed in Atlanta, Georgia from 1979-1981 during which 29 African-American children and young adults were killed. In 1981 Police arrested Wayne Bertram Williams and in 1982 Williams was found guilty of 2 of the 29 murders. The remaining murders were closed, although the case was opened in 2005, and re closed in 2006. In 2007 a DNA test was done on evidence from the case but results were considered inconclusive, and Williams' sentence was not changed.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 101.284.048
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 35 mm black and white negative
- Original Collection:
- Boyd Lewis Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center