- Boyd Lewis Photographs
- Andrew Young's Re-election Campaign
- Lewis, Boyd, 1944-
- Date of Original:
- Political campaigns
Politics and government--United States
Civil rights leaders--Georgia--Atlanta
Speeches, addresses, etc.
Young, Jean Childs
- Young, Andrew, 1932-
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of Congressman Andrew Young speaking at a campaign fundraiser for his re-election to the United States House of Representatives, in Atlanta, Georgia, with his wife Jean Young (center) and business leader Jesse Hill, Jr. (right) in attendance.
Andrew Young is a minister and civil rights activist from Atlanta, Georgia. Mr. Young was executive director of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference and an ally of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He served in the United States House of Representatives from 1973-1976, and was Ambassador to the United Nations in the administration of President Jimmy Carter. He later served as mayor of Atlanta from 1982-1989, and was instrumental in securing bid for the 1996 Olympic Games.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 101.581.002
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 35 mm black and white negative
- Original Collection:
- Boyd Lewis Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center