- Boyd Lewis Photographs
- Shepherd's Restaurant
- Lewis, Boyd, 1944-
- Date of Original:
Politics and government--Georgia
Shepherd, E. J.
Shepherd's Home Cooked Foods (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of Georgia State Representative E. J. Shepherd working behind the counter at his restaurant on Butler Street (now Jesse Hill Jr. Drive), in Atlanta, Georgia, with an unidentified employee in the foreground.
Shepherd's Home Cooked Foods, often simply referred to as Shepherd's Restaurant, was located at 11 Butler Street, SE (now Jesse Hill, Jr. Drive) in Atlanta, Georgia and was a popular gathering place for politicians in the 1970s. E. J. Shepherd, who served in the Georgia House of Representatives from 1969 to 1974, opened the restaurant in 1971. It closed in 1984.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 101.760.001
- Metadata URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: MSS 602, Boyd Lewis Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center
- 35 mm black and white negative
- Original Collection:
- Boyd Lewis Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center