- Boyd Lewis Photographs
- E. J. Shepherd
- Lewis, Boyd, 1944-
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--1970-1980
Politics and government--Georgia
Shepherd, E. J.
Shepherd's Home Cooked Foods (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Jesse Hill Jr. Drive, 33.756233, -84.380242
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Butler Street, 33.794186, -84.653821
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of Georgia State Representative and restaurateur E. J. Shepherd (foreground) having his picture taken by an unidentified photographer on the sidewalk in front of Shepherd's Restaurant on Butler Street (now Jesse Hill Jr. Drive) in Atlanta, Georgia.
E. J. Shepherd (1919-1988) represented District 28 of Fulton County in the Georgia House of Representatives from 1969 to 1974. In 1971, he opened Shepherd's Home Cooked Foods on Butler Street (now Jesse Hill Jr. Drive), which became a popular gathering place for politicians.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 101.763.005
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 35 mm black and white negative
- Original Collection:
- Boyd Lewis Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center