- Boyd Lewis Photographs
- Ethel Matthews
- Lewis, Boyd, 1944-
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--1970-1980
Welfare rights movement--Georgia--Atlanta
Atlanta Welfare Rights Organization
Matthews, Ethel M., 1933-2005
Emmaus House (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, Peoplestown, 33.7278848, -84.3852043
- View of Ethel Matthews, the founder of the Atlanta Welfare Rights Organization, at a meeting of the Atlanta Welfare Rights Organization at Emmaus House in the Peoplestown community of Atlanta, Georgia.
Ethel Mae Matthews was the founder and first president of the Atlanta Welfare Rights Organization and was a persistent advocate for the poor, the elderly, and children.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 101.379.003
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 35 mm black and white negative
- Original Collection:
- Boyd Lewis Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center