- Atlanta History Photograph Collection
- Equitable Building
- Date of Original:
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Pryor Street, 33.743485, -84.394499
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Edgewood Avenue, 33.754318, -84.372158
- View of the laying of the cornerstone of the old Equitable Building at the corner of Pryor Street and Edgewood Avenue with the Southern Medical College Building in the background in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Equitable Building was built in 1892 on 47 North Pryor Street in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. It was built by real estate developer Joel Hurt who hired the firm of Brown and Root to design the structure. Its name was later changed to the Trust Company of Georgia Building. A second Equitable building was constructed in 1968 on the site of the former Piedmont Hotel at 100 Peachtree Street in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 170.1637.001
- Metadata URL:
- 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Original Collection:
- Atlanta History Photograph Collection, Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center