- Allen Family Photographs, 1840-1990, undated
- Allen, Ivan, Jr.
- Roton, Pete
- Date of Original:
Rites and ceremonies--Georgia--Atlanta
Thompson, M. E. (Melvin Ernest), 1903-1980
- Allen, Ivan, 1911-2003
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of Ivan Allen, Jr. taking the oath as Executive Secretary of State from Georgia Governor Melvin E. Thompson.
Ivan Allen Jr. (1911-2003) was President of the Ivan Allen Company, an office supply company founded by his father, Ivan Allen, Sr. He was elected President of the Atlanta Chamber of Commerce in 1960, and Mayor of the City of Atlanta in 1961. He served as Mayor from 1962-1970.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 104.101.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Original Collection:
- Allen Family Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center