- Allen Family Photographs, 1840-1990, undated
- Lakewood Fairgrounds
- Price, Francis E., ?-1928
- Allen Family Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Lakewood Fairgrounds. Ruralist Building
Lakewood Fairgrounds (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, New Jersey, Hunterdon County, High Bridge, Lake Solitude, 40.6744626, -74.8853286
- View of the interior of the Southern Ruralist Exhibit at the Southeastern Fair at Lakewood Park in Atlanta, Georgia.
The resort area that would come to be known as Lakewood Park opened in 1893. In 1915 it began hosting the Southeastern Fair and in 1938, Lakewood Speedway was built on the property. The Southeastern Fair was discontinued in 1975, and Lakewood Speedway ceased stock car racing in 1979. In the 1980's it became home to a motion picture complex, an antique flea market, and an amphitheater.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 104.158.08
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. sepia tone silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center