- J.J. Allen Photographs, 1954
- Fairburn, Bethsadia Baptist Church
- Allen, J. J.
- J. J. Allen Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA
- Date of Original:
- Sepulchral monuments--Georgia--Fairburn
Bethsadia Baptist Church (Fairburn, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Fairburn, 33.5670562, -84.5810418
- gelatin silver prints
- [Additional descriptive information is available on the reverse of the print]
View of a hand hewn grave marker in a cemetery near Bethsadia Baptist Church in Fairburn, Georgia in Fulton County, (formerly Campbell County).
monuments & markers
Bethsadia Baptist Church was built in 1852 in Campbell County, Georgia. The building was erected on a lot previously occupied by a log church building that was built in 1835. Benches from the previous church were used for hay racks by General Sherman's cavalry during the Civil War.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 8 x 10 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center