- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, 1940-1942
- Auxiliary Coal Storage Bins
- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA
- Date of Original:
Electric lines--Poles and towers
Atlanta (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- gelatin silver prints
- "Auxiliary Coal Storage Bin, Capacity 1500 tons."
View of a coal storage bin in an unidentified area of Atlanta, Georgia.
street scenes; social conditions; substandard housing; public housing
The Alonzo Herndon Homes was a public housing development built in 1941 to accommodate low income African American families. It is located in downtown Atlanta, Georgia near the campus of the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center