- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, 1940-1942
- Herndon Homes area
- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA
- Date of Original:
Atlanta Housing Authority
African American men--Georgia--Atlanta
African American boys--Georgia--Atlanta
Electric lines--Poles and towers
Alonzo Herndon Homes (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Davis Street, 33.804295, -84.423348
- gelatin silver prints
- View of a family in the process of moving from their house, which is located on Davis Street in an area of Atlanta, Georgia that will later be cleared to build Alonzo Herndon Homes.
street scenes; social conditions; substandard housing; public housing; relocating; horse drawn carriage; waving; wave
The Alonzo Herndon Homes was a public housing development built in 1941 to accommodate low income African American families. It is located in downtown Atlanta, Georgia near the campus of the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center