- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, 1940-1942
- Grady Homes area
- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA
- Date of Original:
Atlanta Housing Authority
Grady Homes (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Gilmer Street, 33.753147, -84.384867
- gelatin silver prints
- "192 Gilmer Street."
View of a house on 192 Gilmer Street near downtown Atlanta that would later be cleared to build Grady Homes.
street scenes; social conditions; substandard housing; public housing
Grady Homes was a public housing development built in 1942 to accommodate poor African American families. Located in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, Grady Homes was demolished in 2005 and replaced with mixed-income housing.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center