- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, 1940-1942
- John Hope Homes area
- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA
- Date of Original:
Atlanta Housing Authority
John Hope Homes (Atlanta, Ga.)
Hope, John, 1868-1936
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, West End, 33.7406626, -84.4274282
- gelatin silver prints
- "This old shack, called an apartment was loaded with negro families when acquired and has outside water and toilets. No electricity."
View of a house in the West End area of Atlanta, Georgia that would later be cleared to build John Hope Homes.
street scenes; social conditions; substandard housing; public housing
John Hope Homes was a public housing development built in 1940 in the West End area of Atlanta, Georgia next to University Homes. The units were built for African American residents.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center