- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, 1940-1942
- John Hope Homes area
- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA
- Date of Original:
Atlanta Housing Authority
Electric lines--Poles and towers
Overhead electric lines--Georgia--Atlanta
Signs and signboards--Georgia--Atlanta
John Hope Homes (Atlanta, Ga.)
Hope, John, 1868-1936
Atlanta (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
- United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Peters Street, 33.746046, -84.403272
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, West End, 33.7406626, -84.4274282
- gelatin silver prints
- "Looking north on Peters Street. Project Ga. 6-2 on left-hand side of this street looking north."
View looking north on Peters street in the West End neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia near the future site of John Hope Homes.
street scenes; social conditions; substandard housing; public housing; electric street car; streetcar; street railroads
John Hope Homes was a public housing development built in 1940 in the West End area of Atlanta, Georgia next to University Homes. The units were built for African American residents.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center