- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, 1940-1942
- John Hope Homes area
- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA
- Date of Original:
Atlanta Housing Authority
Electric lines--Poles and towers
John Hope Homes (Atlanta, Ga.)
Hope, John, 1868-1936
Atlanta (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
- United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Humphries Street, 33.737186, -84.404631
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, West End, 33.7406626, -84.4274282
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Leonard Street, 33.749438, -85.292445
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Greensferry Avenue, 33.747121, -84.410435
- gelatin silver prints
- "Looking east at junction of Leonard and Humphries streets and Greensferry Avenue. This is corner of the Project."
View of the junction of Leonard Street, Humphries Street, and Greensferry Avenue in the West End neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia that were later cleared to build John Hope Homes.
street scenes; social conditions; substandard housing; public housing; cafe; cafe's
John Hope Homes was a public housing development built in 1940 in the West End area of Atlanta, Georgia next to University Homes. The units were built for African American residents.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center