- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, 1940-1942
- John Hope Homes area
- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA
- Date of Original:
Atlanta Housing Authority
Electric lines--Poles and towers
John Hope Homes (Atlanta, Ga.)
Hope, John, 1868-1936
- United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Chapel Street, 33.750749, -84.403126
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, West End, 33.7406626, -84.4274282
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Humphries Street, 33.737186, -84.404631
- gelatin silver prints
- "Corner of Chapel and Humphries Street."
View of homes at the corner of Chapel and Humphries Street in the West End neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia that were later cleared to build John Hope Homes.
street scenes; social conditions; substandard housing; public housing
John Hope Homes was a public housing development built in 1940 in the West End area of Atlanta, Georgia next to University Homes. The units were built for African American residents.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center