- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, 1940-1942
- John Hope Homes area
- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA
- Date of Original:
- Apartment houses--Georgia--Atlanta
Atlanta Housing Authority
Electric lines--Poles and towers
Capitol Homes Housing Project (Atlanta, Ga.)
John Hope Homes (Atlanta, Ga.)
University Homes (Atlanta, Ga.)
Atlanta (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
Hope, John, 1868-1936
- United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Leonard Street, 33.749438, -85.292445
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Humphries Street, 33.737186, -84.404631
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Greensferry Avenue, 33.747121, -84.410435
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, West End, 33.7406626, -84.4274282
- gelatin silver prints
- "Corner of Leonard Street and Humphries Street and Greensferry Avenue, looking northeast. Note University Homes in left-hand side of this picture."
View looking northeast of the corner of Leonard Street, Humphries Street, and Greensferry Avenue in an area that would later be cleared to build John Hope Homes in the West End neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia.
street scenes; social conditions; substandard housing; public housing
John Hope Homes was a public housing development built in 1940 in the West End area of Atlanta, Georgia next to University Homes. The units were built for African American residents.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center