- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, 1940-1942
- Capitol Homes area
- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA
- Date of Original:
Atlanta Housing Authority
African American men--Georgia--Atlanta
Electric lines--Poles and towers
Capitol Homes Housing Project (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Woodward Avenue, 33.745566, -84.374884
- gelatin silver prints
- "Colored house facing Woodward Avenue, S.E."
View of houses on Woodward Avenue in an area near downtown Atlanta, Georgia that would later be cleared to build Capitol Homes.
street scenes; social conditions; substandard housing; public housing
Capitol Homes was a public housing development located in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. Completed in 1941, Capitol Homes was initially segregated for white families. The development was demolished in 2003.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center