- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, 1940-1942
- Capitol Homes area
- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA
- Date of Original:
Atlanta Housing Authority
Georgia--Capital and capitol
Capitol Homes Housing Project (Atlanta, Ga.)
Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Memorial Drive, 33.755984, -84.266085
- gelatin silver prints
- "Looking northwest on Fair St S.E. Note dome of State Capitol in background. The houses shown in the picture, except the one in the extreme right, were occupied by colored families."
View looking west at houses on Fair Street (later named Memorial Drive) in an area that would be cleared to build Capitol Homes in Atlanta, Georgia.
street scenes; social conditions; substandard housing; public housing
Capitol Homes was a public housing development located in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. Completed in 1941, Capitol Homes was initially segregated for white families. The development was demolished in 2003.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center