- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, 1940-1942
- Capitol Homes area
- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA
- Date of Original:
Atlanta Housing Authority
Georgia--Capital and capitol
African American boys--Georgia--Atlanta
African American children--Georgia--Atlanta
Electric lines--Poles and towers
Capitol Homes Housing Project (Atlanta, Ga.)
Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Central Place, 33.766678, -84.377797
- gelatin silver prints
- "Kingsley Street looking west. Note dome of State Capitol in background. All houses shown were occupied by colored people."
View of a young boy on Kingsley Street in an area that would later be cleared to build Capitol Homes in Atlanta, Georgia.
street scenes; social conditions; substandard housing; public housing
Capitol Homes was a public housing development located in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. Completed in 1941, Capitol Homes was initially segregated for white families. The development was demolished in 2003.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center