- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, 1940-1942
- Capitol Homes area
- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA
- Date of Original:
Atlanta Housing Authority
Georgia--Capital and capitol
Capitol Homes Housing Project (Atlanta, Ga.)
Georgia State Capitol (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Central Place, 33.766678, -84.377797
- gelatin silver prints
- "House facing Central Place S.E. Note dome of State Capitol in background. This house was occupied by white families upstairs and several Negro families living underneath the house or in the basement."
View of houses on Central Place in an area that would be cleared to build Capitol Homes in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
street scenes; social conditions; substandard housing; public housing
Capitol Homes was a public housing development located in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. Completed in 1941, Capitol Homes was initially segregated for white families. The development was demolished in 2003.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center