- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, 1940-1942
- Capitol Homes area
- Atlanta Housing Authority Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA
- Date of Original:
Atlanta Housing Authority
Capitol Homes Housing Project (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Memorial Drive, 33.755984, -84.266085
- gelatin silver prints
- "White house on Fair Street"
View of a house on Fair Street (later Memorial Drive) in an area in an area that would later be cleared to build Capitol Homes in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
street scenes; social conditions; substandard housing; royal crown cola; public housing
Capitol Homes was a public housing development located in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. Completed in 1941, Capitol Homes was initially segregated for white families. The development was demolished in 2003.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center