- Historic Postcard Collection (Georgia Archives)
- Stone Mountain - Atlanta, Georgia
- Atlanta News Agency
- Historic Postcard Collection, RG 48-2-5, Georgia Archives; Historic Postcard Collection, RG 48-2-5, Georgia Archives
- Stone Mountain (Ga.)--Aerial views
Stone Mountain Memorial State Park (Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, DeKalb County, Stone Mountain, 33.8081608, -84.170196
- Stone Mountain - A monumental memorial to the Confederacy is carved on the side of the mountain depicting the heroic figures of General Robert E. Lee, General Stonewall Jackson and the President of the Confederacy, Jefferson Davis. Stone Mountain, the world's greatest monolith, may properly be called the Eighth Wonder of the World. This huge rock has over 16,000,000,000 cubic feet of exposed granite. It is seven miles around the base and seven hundred feet higher than the surrounding plain.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Postcards published after 1923 may be covered by copyright. The Georgia Archives cannot provide permission to publish.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Visual image
- Holding Institution:
- Georgia Archives