- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- Ac[count of expenses associated with prisoners] Peter Hutchinson [and] Merit Mitchel, 1799 July 8
- Date of Original:
- Prisoners--Appropriations and expenditures
Indians of North America--Crimes against
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- This document, dated July 8, 1799, is an account of expenses associated with the imprisonment of Peter Hutchinson (alias Samuel) and Merit Mitchel, under the prosecution of the United States. One included expense refers to care of an Indian horse, the theft of which may have been attributed to the prisoners.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 2 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 04, folder 19, document 03.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
United States vs [versus] Saml. [Samuel] alias Peter Hutchinson} Joal [Jail] Fees Turning Key 4 times $2.00
Same vs [versus] Merrit Mitchel} Turning Key - - - 2 do [ditto] 1.00
Feed & Stablage for Indian horse 1.00
a/c [account] $5.. --
8 July 1799