- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- Certificate [of the delivery of] papers relative to the dividing line between the Creek and Cherokee tribes of Indians, 1829 Aug. 21, Ex[ecutive] Dep[artment] / Peter Fair [?]
- Date of Original:
- Creek Indians
- United States, Georgia, Baldwin County, Milledgeville, 33.08014, -83.2321
- legal documents
- Certificate dated August 21, 1829 from Peter (Fair ?) to an unknown recipient stating that (Fair ?) witnessed Secretary Pierce send copies of papers relative to the dividing line between the Creek and Cherokee Nations from the post office in Milledgeville, Georgia to the President of the United States, Andrew Jackson.
Digital image of original manuscript, scanned by the University of Georgia Libraries in 2000, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 2 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 77, folder 03, document 03.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
Ex Dep: [Executive Department]
21 Aug. 1829
Mr. Secretary Pierce this day in my presence Sealed up and addressed "To the President of the United, a copy of all the Papers relative to the true Dividing line between the Creek and Cherokee Tribes of Indians and in my presence handed it to the Postmaster at the Post Office in Milledgeville.
[Signed] Peter [unclear text: Fair ]
Peter [unclear text: Fair ]
21 Augt. [August] 1829
21 Aug. 1829
[unclear text: 1821 ]