- Joseph Henry Lumpkin Family Papers
- Letter: to [Callie King], 1856 May 9
- Hull, Callender, 1849-1911
- Date of Original:
King, Callie, 1826-1905
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- letters (correspondence)
- Callender (Cally) Cobb Hull, daughter of Marion McHenry Lumpkin and lawyer, Confederate officer, and founder of the Lucy Cobb Institute Thomas Reade Rootes Cobb, writes a note to her aunt, Callie King dated May 9th, 1856.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Joseph Henry Lumpkin family papers, 1821-1862 (bulk 1852-1857), Alexander Campbell King Law Library, University of Georgia School of Law, on deposit at the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Joseph Henry Lumpkin family papers, 1821-1862 (bulk 1852-1857), box 1, folder 12, document jhl0012.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
May 9th, 1856
I GUESS YOU WILL BE SUPRISED [SURPRISED] WHEN YOU RECEIVE THIS LETTER. GIVE MY LOVE TO THE BABY AND UNCLE POTER [Porter] AND RECEIVE A PORTION FOR YOURSELF. WRITE SOON TO YOUR AFFECTIONATE NIECE
[Signed] CALLY COBB