Upper Lotts Creek Primitve Baptist Church and Cemetery historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Upper Lotts Creek Primitve Baptist Church and Cemetery historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Bulloch County
Church buildings--Georgia--Portal
Cemeteries--Georgia--Portal
Location:
Rocky Ford Rd at Westside Rd, Portal
United States, Georgia, Bulloch County, Portal, 32.53822, -81.93234
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Rocky Ford Rd. at Westside Rd., Portal
Text of marker: "UPPER LOTTS CREEK PRIMITIVE BAPTIST CHURCH AND CEMETERY BULLOCH COUNTY, GEORGIA. Organized circa 1829, the church was originally located at the home of Absolom Parrish and called Parrish Meeting House. Following a fire of the log structure on the Parrish farm, the congregation built a second log structure one and one-half miles west on the bank of Big Lotts Creek. The name was changed to Upper Lotts Creek Primitive Baptist Church. The current church building was constructed in 1881. The cemetery contains remains of Revolutionary War Soldiers Henry Parrish, John Tillman and Civil War Soldiers Theadore H. Griffin, Zachariah Taylor Deloach, Robert William Deloach, Ephraim H. Edenfield, Griffin W. Parrish and Henry Parrish. The church and cemetery were listed in the National Register of Historic Places December 4th, 2008"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_upper-lotts-creek-primitve-baptist-church-and-cemetery
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_upper-lotts-creek-primitve-baptist-church-and-cemetery
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations