The Eastman-Bishop-Bullock House historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
The Eastman-Bishop-Bullock House historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Dodge County
Historic buildings--Georgia--Eastman
Location:
United States, Georgia, Dodge County, Eastman, 32.1976729, -83.1776514
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: 407 Eastman Way, Eastman
Text of marker: "The Eastman-Bishop-Bullock House. This house, constructed in 1872, is the oldest house in Eastman. In 1868, William Pitt Eastman founded the 400,000-acre Georgia Land and Lumber Company. Upon learning in 1870 that Station No. 13 along the Macon and Brunswick Railroad had been named in his honor, Eastman created the town of Eastman and was instrumental in the formation of Dodge County. He established the Eastman Hotel Company and Woodlawn Cemetery and served as mayor in 1885. His daughter sold the house to Judge James Bishop, Sr. in 1896. James Bishop and Cary Bullock inherited it in 1926. 1999.4 Erected by The Georgia Historical Society and Dodge Historical Society 45-1"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_eastman-bishop-bullock-house
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_eastman-bishop-bullock-house
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations