Delta Air Lines historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Delta Air Lines historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Fulton County
Delta Air Lines
Air travel--Georgia--Atlanta
Location:
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Delta Flight Museum, 1030 Delta Blvd., Atlanta
Text of marker: "Delta Air Lines. Delta Air Lines began in 1924 as a crop dusting company, based first in Macon, Georgia, and then Monroe, Louisiana. C.E. Woolman led a group of investors in buying the company in 1928 and renamed it Delta Air Service. Passenger service began between Dallas, Texas, and Jackson, Mississippi, on June 17, 1929. A year later, Delta expanded passenger service east to Atlanta and west to Fort Worth. In 1941, Delta established its corporate headquarters in Atlanta, and the company incorporated as Delta Air Lines in 1945. Under Woolman and successive leaders, the company grew through a series of mergers that expanded routes across the U.S. and around the world. As one of Georgia's most famous corporate residents, Delta played a crucial role in Atlanta's rise as an international city and commercial hub. 2014.4 Erected by the Georgia Historical Society and Delta Air Lines 60-10"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_delta-air-lines
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_delta-air-lines
Rights Holder:
Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations