Clinch Court House historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Clinch Court House historical marker
Creator:
Hair, Keith
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Clinch County
Counties--Georgia--Clinch County
Location:
United States, Georgia, Clinch County, Homerville, 31.0365983, -82.7470849
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Clinch County Courthouse, Homerville
Text of marker: "CLINCH COURT HOUSE. Clinch County was created by an Act of the Legislature approved Feb. 14, 1850 out of lands formerly in Lowndes and Ware Counties and was named for General Duncan L. Clinch, a hero of the War of 1812 and the Indian wars. At the first election held in April, 1850, J.C. Kirkland was elected clerk of the Superior and Inferior Courts; Charles Cowart, sheriff; Benjamin Cornelius, tax receiver; Ezekiel J. Sirmans, tax collector, David J. Blackburn, surveyor; Joseph L. Rogers, coroner; David Johnson, Hiram Sears and Manning Smith, justices of the Inferior Court. 032-1 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1953"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_clinch-court-house
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_clinch-court-house
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations