City of Donalsonville historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
City of Donalsonville historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Seminole County
Cities and towns--Georgia--Donalsonville
Location:
United States, Georgia, Seminole County, Donalsonville, 31.04046, -84.87909
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: In the park on Wiley Avenue in Donalsonville
Text of marker: "CITY OF DONALSONVILLE. ACCORDING TO A MAP "PLAN OF DONALSON" DATED APRIL 1889, THE TOWN WAS LAID OUT BY JOHN EARNEST DONALSON. ON DECEMBER 8, 1897, A CHARTER, SIGNED BY GOVERNOR WILLIAM YATES ATKINSON, WAS GRANTED INCORPORATING THE TOWN OF DONALSONVILLE. OFFICERS APPOINTED WERE: THOMAS CHASON, MAYOR; JOHN E. DONALSON, W.B. KING, S.D. CHERRY, R.D. CARR, ALDERMEN. THIS CHARTER WAS AMENDED AUGUST 12, 1922 AND THE NAME CHANGED TO CITY OF DONALSONVILLE. ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEEE COMMISSION AND THE CITY OF DONALSONVILLE 1980"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_city-of-donalsonville
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_city-of-donalsonville
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations