- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- Horse power in the mines 1924, Lockhart or Findley, cleaning old tunnel to start operating (O'Kane) property
- Date of Original:
- Lockhart Mine
Gold mines and mining--Georgia--Dahlonega
Mines and mineral resources--Equipment and supplies--Georgia--Dahlonega
Ore handling--Equipment and supplies--Georgia--Dahlonega
- United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, Dahlonega, 34.53259, -83.98491
- Photograph of mule-drawn ore cart on rails at Lockhart or Findley Mine, dated 1924.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 1 photograph
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, box V-3, folder 4.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library
Horse power in the Mines
1924 Lockhart or Findley
cleaning [added text: old] tunnel to start operating
( [unclear text: O'Kane] ) property