- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- 1937 - front of Lockhart tunnel, J. R. McDonald
- Date of Original:
- Lockhart Mine
Gold mines and mining--Georgia--Dahlonega
McDonald, J. R.
- United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, Dahlonega, 34.53259, -83.98491
- Photograph of three men posed in front of the entrance to the Lockhart Mine, dated 1937.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 1 photograph
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, box V-3, folder 4.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library
1937 -- Front of [deleted text: Findley] [added text: Lockhart] Tunnel J. R. McDonald