- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- Blank stock certificate for the Etowah Mining Company, [1900-1940?]
- Etowah Mining Company
- Date of Original:
- Etowah Gold Mining Company
Gold mines and mining--Georgia--Auraria
- United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, Auraria, 34.4745389, -84.0232437
- stock certificates
- Blank stock certificate of the Etowah Mining Company.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
-  p.
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, box III-8, folder 11.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library
[Note: Blank stock certificate of the Etowah Gold Mining Company, featuring lithographs of the mining operation by bank note engraver and printer E. A. Wright of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.;
MINES AT AURARIA LUMPKIN COUNTY
Number 219 Shares [blank on form]
THE ETOWAH GOLD MINING COMPANY
CAPITAL STOCK $1,000,000. SHARES $5 EACH.
This Certifies that [blank on form] is the owner of [blank on form] shares of the capital stock of The Etowah Gold Mining Company of Georgia, transferable only on the books of the Company in person or by attorney on the surrender of this certificate. Witness the seal of said Company and the signatures of the President and Treasurer this [blank on form] day of [blank on form] 19[blank on form]
[blank on form] Treasurer [blank on form] President ]
Page: [front, left margin]
"EQUIPMENT OR PREFERRED STOCK"
THIS STOCK BEARS INTEREST AT 8 PER CENT [PERCENT]. PER ANNUM, IS ENTITLED TO BE PAID IN FULL OUT OF THE ASSETS OF THE COMPANY BEFORE THE "GENERAL OR COMMON STOCK," AND IS REDEEMABLE AT ANY TIME AT THE WILL OF THE COMPANY.
For value Received [blank on form] hereby sell assign and transfer unto [blank on form] Shares of the Capital Stock represented by the within Certificate, and do hereby irrevocably constitute and appoint [blank on form] Attorney to transfer the said stock on the Books of the within named Company with full power of substitution in the premises
Dated [blank on form] 19 [blank on form]
Sealed and Delivered in presence of [blank on form] SEAL
Page: [verso, left margin]
NOTICE: SIGNATURES TO ALL POWERS OF ATTORNEY AND ALSO ALL POWERS OF SUBSTITUTION MUST BE GUARANTEED BY PARTY PRESENTING CERTIFICATE OF STOCK FOR TRANSFER.
Page: [verso, right margin]
NOTICE: THE SIGNATURE OF THIS ASSIGNMENT MUST CORRESPOND WITH THE NAME AS WRITTEN UPON THE FACE OF THE CERTIFICATE.