- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- Letter: Sherman, Colorado to Wier Boyd, [Dahlonega, Georgia], 1881 Oct. 3
- Hungerford, William Sumner, 1854-1904
- Date of Original:
- Gold mines and mining--Georgia--Dahlonega
Cincinnati Mining Company
Collecting of accounts--Georgia--Dahlonega
Money orders--Colorado--Lake City
Boyd, Wier G., 1820-1893
- United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, Dahlonega, 34.53259, -83.98491
United States, Colorado, Hinsdale County, Lake City, 38.0299967, -107.3153335
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from W. S. Hungerford to Wier Boyd, dated October 3, 1881. Hungerford thanks Boyd for the partial payment for the sale of the Cincinnati Mining Company property. He directs Boyd to send the remainder to him in Sherman, Colorado by post office money order payable at Lake City, Colorado.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
-  p.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library
[added text: Hungerford]
Sherman Colorado. Oct [October] 3rd 1881
Wier [Wier] Boyd Esq. [Esquire]
Yours of the 26th ult. [ultimo] with Draft for $20000 enclosed is this day recd [received] for which please accept thanks. Please send the rest by P.O. money order payable at Lake City Colo. [Colorado] which is a money order office near here where I frequently go and can get a money order cashed, but address the money order to me here.
[Signed] W. S. Hungerford.