- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- Letter: Sherman, Colorado to Wier Boyd, [Dahlonega, Georgia], 1881 Aug. 27
- Hungerford, William Sumner, 1854-1904
- Date of Original:
- Gold mines and mining--Georgia--Dahlonega
Cincinnati Mining Company
Collecting of accounts--Georgia--Dahlonega
Boyd, Wier G., 1820-1893
- United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, Dahlonega, 34.53259, -83.98491
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from W. S. Hungerford to Wier Boyd, dated August 27, 1881. Hungerford urgently reminds Boyd to send him a payment for the Cincinnati Mining Company's property and suggests various methods of delivery.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
-  p.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library
[ Note: [This document contains printed and handwritten text.]]
[printed text: Black Wonder Consolidated Mining Co. [Company]
[deleted text: H. L. BRIDGMAN, Superintendent]
[printed text: Sherman, Hinsdale Co. [County], Col. [Colorado]] [written text: Aug [August] 27][printed text: 188] [written text: 1]
Wier [Wier] Boyd Esq. [Esquire]
I wrote you more than a month ago in answer to your letters stating that there was $25100 still due me on the Cinti Min. Co [Cincinnati Mining Company] s property, requesting you to send it by Drft. [Draft] or P.O. order and have not heard from you since. Wish you would send N.Y. [New York] Drft [Draft] for amount [added text: at once] or if you cannot get that send check on Banks Bros [Brothers] and send it to them to have them certify it and then forward to me
Yours Resptly. [Respectfully]
[Signed] W. S. Hungerford.
Sherman Colo. [Colorado]