- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- Letter: Saint Louis, Missouri to Wier Boyd, Dahlonega, Georgia, 1892 Dec. 19
- Dickie, F. E.
- Date of Original:
- Gold mines and mining--Georgia--Dahlonega
Actions and defenses--Georgia--Dahlonega
Boyd, Wier G., 1820-1893
- United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, Dahlonega, 34.53259, -83.98491
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from F. E. Dickie, secretary of the Phoenix Gold Mining Company, to Wier Boyd, dated August 3, 1892. Dickie thanks Boyd for paying the property taxes of the Phoenix Gold Mining Company. He asks Boyd to keep the Scupin affidavit, explaining that they could not present it because they had failed to file offsets. Dickie closes with an urgent request for receipts that Boyd was supposed to have sent long before.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
-  p.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library
[ Note: [This document contains typewritten, handwritten, and printed text.]]
[ Note: A postmark stamp appears to the right of the printed address. SAINT LOUIS, MO. [Missouri], [illegible text] 19 [illegible text] 92 ] [printed text:
Return in Five Days to
F. E. DICKIE, Sec'y [Secretary]
Phoenix Gold Mining Co. [Company]
310 NORTH ELEVENTH STREET,
ST. [Saint] LOUIS, MO. [Missouri]]
[typewritten text: Wier Boyd, Att'y
[ Note: [Postmark: DAHLONEGA, GA [Georgia] REC'D [RECEIVED], [illegible text]]
[printed text: Capital $500,000.00. Shares $10.00 Each.
INCORPORATED UNDER THE GENERAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS.
The Phoenix Gold Mining Company.
PRINCIPAL OFFICE, EAST ST. LOUIS, ILL. [Illinois]
MINING PROPERTY LOCATED IN LUMPKIN AND DAWSON COUNTIES, STATE OF GEORGIA.]
[printed text: ADDRESS ALL COMMUNICATIONS TO]
[typewritten text: #310 N. [North] 11th St. [Street],]
[printed text: St. Louis, Mo. [Missouri]]
[printed text: St. Louis, Mo. [Missouri]] [typewritten text: Dec. [December] 19th-92] [printed text: 189[blank on form]]
[typewritten text: Wier Boyd, Att'y [Attorney],
Dahlonega, Ga. [Georgia]
Your favor of the 16th inst [instant] with inclosure [enclosure] as stated at hand. Please accept our thanks [unclear text: for] your kindness in attending to payment of our taxes. In regard to the Scupin affidavit, at present writing we have no immediate use for it, so you can retain it and should we require it can get it from you at such time. Mr. M. G. Boyd knew about this affidavit at the time, but inasmuch as we had failed to file offsets the affidavit could not be presented. In regard to receipts for costs of the Exter suit will say, that you have never sent us heretofore any receipts, the only one that we have received is the one that you have just sent us for $10. We deposited in your hands $50 for the expenses and you were to send us the receipts as soon as you obtained them.
[Signed] [written text: F. E. Dickie