- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- Letter: Saint Louis, Missouri to Wier Boyd, Dahlonega, Georgia, 1892 Dec. 12
- Dickie, F. E.
- Date of Original:
- Gold mines and mining--Georgia--Dahlonega
Actions and defenses--Georgia--Dahlonega
Etowah Gold Mining Company
Phoenix Gold Mining Company
Boyd, Wier G., 1820-1893
- United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, Dahlonega, 34.53259, -83.98491
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from F. E. Dickie, secretary of the Phoenix Gold Mining Company, to Wier Boyd, dated December 12, 1892. Dickie sends payment for property taxes of the Phoenix Gold Mining Company and mentions that he expects Boyd to successfully defend the Etowah Gold Mining Company in the Supreme Court case, Exter v. Etowah Gold Mining Company
. He asks Boyd to give his opinion regarding offsets against this judgment.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
-  p.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library
[ Note: [This document contains typewritten, handwritten, and printed text.]]
[printed text: Capital $500,000.00. Shares $10.00 Each.
INCORPORATED UNDER THE GENERAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS.
The Phoenix Gold Mining Company.
PRINCIPAL OFFICE, EAST ST. LOUIS, ILL. [Illinois]
MINING PROPERTY LOCATED IN LUMPKIN AND DAWSON COUNTIES, STATE OF GEORGIA.]
[printed text: ADDRESS ALL COMMUNICATIONS TO]
[typewritten text: #310 N. [North] 11 th St. [Street],]
[printed text: St. Louis, Mo. [Missouri]]
[printed text: St. Louis, Mo. [Missouri] ] [typewritten text: Dec. [December] 12-92] [printed text: 189 [blank on form]]
[typewritten text: Wier [Wier] Boyd, Att'y [Attorney]
Dahlonega, Ga. [Georgia]
[typewritten text: Your favor of the 9th inst [instant] at hand and noted. Inclosed [Enclosed] find herewith exchange on New York for $20 to pay taxes for 1892 assessed against the property of the Phoenix Gold Mining Co. [Company] Pleae Please [Please] take receipt for the amount and forward the same to me. I wrote to Mr. Head about the taxes thinking I could pay the same without causing any one [anyone] any trouble; otherwise I would have written to you. I note what you say of the Exter case being on the docket for the 4th of Jan. [January], and I trust that you will win the case. You have not given us your opinion in reply to the letter written you some time ago as to the offsets against this judgment. Perhaps you are waiting until you learn what becomes of the case in the Supreme Court.
[Signed] [written text: F. E. Dickie