- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- Letter: Saint Louis, Missouri to Wier Boyd, Dahlonega, Georgia, 1892 May 3
- Dickie, F. E.
- Date of Original:
- Gold mines and mining--Georgia--Dahlonega
Etowah Gold Mining Company
Actions and defenses--Georgia--Dahlonega
Boyd, Wier G., 1820-1893
- United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, Dahlonega, 34.53259, -83.98491
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from F. E. Dickie, secretary of the Phoenix Gold Mining Company, to Wier Boyd, dated May 3, 1892. Dickie sends Boyd money to cover costs associated with preparation for the Supreme Court case Exter v. Etowah Gold Mining Company. He suggests a bondsman and requests a receipt for covering the cost of transporting evidence for the case.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
-  p.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library
[ Note: [This document contains typewritten, handwritten, and printed text.]]
[ Note: A postmark stamp appears to the right of the printed address. SAINT LOUIS, MO. [Missouri], MAY 3 530 PM 92] [printed text:
Return in Five Days to
F. E. DICKIE, Sec'y [Secretary]
Etowah Gold Mining Co., [Company]
310 NORTH ELEVENTH STREET],
ST. [Saint] LOUIS, MO. [Missouri] ]
[typewritten text: Wier [Wier] Boyd, Att'y [Attorney]