- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- Letter: Saint Louis, Missouri to Wier Boyd, Dahlonega, Georgia, 1892 Apr. 28
- Dickie, F. E.
- Date of Original:
- Gold mines and mining--Georgia--Dahlonega
Etowah Gold Mining Company
Boyd, Wier G., 1820-1893
- United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, Dahlonega, 34.53259, -83.98491
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from F. E. Dickie, secretary of the Phoenix Gold Mining Company, to Wier Boyd, dated April 28, 1892. Dickie promises to pay Boyd for costs associated with preparing the Exter v. Etowah Gold Mining Company case for argument before the Supreme Court. Dickie asks to compare Boyd's bill of exceptions with that of his own lawyer in preparation for the case. He argues that because F. C. Exter accepted stock in lieu of monetary compensation, he does not have a valid claim against Etowah Gold Mining Company for monetary compensation. On those grounds, Dickie believes they can get the case dismissed.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
-  p.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library
[ Note: [This document contains typewritten, handwritten, and printed text.]]
[ Note: A postmark stamp appears to the right of the printed address. SAINT [unclear text: LOUIS], MO. [Missouri], APR [April] 28 530 PM 92 ] [printed text:
Return in Five Days to
F. E. DICKIE, Sec'y [Secretary]
Phoenix Gold Mining Co. [Company]
310 NORTH ELEVENTH STREET ]
ST. [SAINT] LOUIS, MO. [MISSOURI]]
Wier [Wier] Boyd, Att'y [Attorney]