- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- Letter: Columbus, Georgia to Colonel Wier Boyd, [Dahlonega, Georgia], 1882 Mar. 18
- Dexter, Amory, 1829-1887
- Date of Original:
- Mining leases--Georgia--Dahlonega
Gold mines and mining--Georgia--Dahlonega
Yahoola River and Cane Creek Hydraulic Hose Mining Company
Boyd, Wier G., 1820-1893
- United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, Dahlonega, 34.53259, -83.98491
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from Amory Dexter, civil engineer and one-time agent of the Yahoola River and Cane Creek Hydraulic Hose Mining Company, to Colonel Wier Boyd, dated March 18, 1882. Assuming Boyd has not sold the Amory property, Dexter asks him to return the deed so he can give it back to Mr. Austin when he travels to Boston. He doubts Austin will spend money to improve the Amory property for sale.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
-  p.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library
Columbus. Ga. [Georgia] Mar. March 18/82.
Dear Col. [Colonel] Boyd.
I have not heard from you since Nov. 8th last; & therefore judge you have not disposed of the Amory place.
If you see no immediate prospect, please mail the deed to me; as I expect to go on to Boston early in April & would like to call on Mr. Austin & hand him back the paper -- & report my stewardship.
At same time will inform him of any proposition you may wish to make. I doubt if he will care to spend any money on the property.
With kind wishes & best regards I am
Yours very truly
[Signed] Amory Dexter.