- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- Gold drudge [sic] on Chestitee [sic] River about 1901-2
- Date of Original:
- Gold dredging--Georgia--Lumpkin County
Gold industry--Georgia--Lumpkin County
Mines and mineral resources--Equipment and supplies--Georgia--Lumpkin County
Work boats--Georgia--Lumpkin County
- United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, 34.5721859, -84.0026502
United States, Georgia, Dawson County, Chestatee River, 34.2870444, -83.9246261
- Photograph of a gold dredge boat on the Chestatee River, dated 1901-1902. Several men stand on the deck of the boat.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Graham C. Dugas Calhoun Gold Mine papers, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 1 photograph
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, Graham C. Dugas Calhoun Gold Mine papers.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library
Gold Drudge [Dredge] on Chestitee [Chestatee] River about 1901-2