- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- Photo of Turkey Hill, [1884?]
- Date of Original:
- Miners--Dwellings--Georgia--Turkey Hill
Log cabins--Georgia--Turkey Hill
- United States, Georgia, Turkey Hill, 34.487873, -83.985465
United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, 34.5721859, -84.0026502
- Photograph of Turkey Hill cabins, possibly dated 1884. Two wood-frame cabins with porches are nestled in a pine forest. Men and women are visible on each porch. "E. D. Allen E. P. 67 East Point Drug Store E. P. 84"--photograph verso.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Graham C. Dugas Calhoun Gold Mine papers, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 1 photograph
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, Graham C. Dugas Calhoun Gold Mine papers.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library