- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- [Postcard showing dredge boat construction, 1915-1930?]
- Date of Original:
- Gold dredging--Georgia--Lumpkin County
Gold industry--Georgia--Lumpkin County
Dredges--Design and construction
- United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, 34.5721859, -84.0026502
United States, Georgia, Dawson County, Chestatee River, 34.2870444, -83.9246261
- picture postcards
- Postcard showing men constructing a dredge boat for mining. The white border around the postcard's image suggests a date between 1915 and 1930.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Graham C. Dugas Calhoun Gold Mine papers, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 1 postcard
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, Graham C. Dugas Calhoun Gold Mine papers.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library