- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- Notice of remittance, 1913 Mar. 19
- Drane, Frank P.
- Contributor to Resource:
- United States. Assay Office (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Date of Original:
States Banking Co. (Gainesville, Ga.)
United States. Assay Office (Charlotte, N.C.)
- United States, Georgia, Hall County, Gainesville, 34.29788, -83.82407
- Notice of remittance from Frank P. Drane, assayer in charge of the Branch Mint of the United States at the Assay Office of the United States, Charlotte, N.C., dated March 19, 1913.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Graham C. Dugas Calhoun Gold Mine papers, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
-  p.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library
NOTICE OF REMITTANCE.
ASSAY OFFICE of the United States, CHARLOTTE, N.C.
March. 19., 1913
State Banking Co.
Gainesville. Ga [Georgia].
Sir: Inclosed [Enclosed] please find my Check, No. 23, on [deleted text: Assistant Treasurer] United States, [deleted text: New York City] [added text: Wash [Washington]. DC. [District of Columbia]], for $187\40 in settlement for gold bullion sent to this office for assay per [blank on form] as advised in your letter of [blank on form]
A Memorandum of Assay exhibiting particulars is also inclosed [enclosed], from which you will see the above is correct.
[This page is a form letter notice of remittance indicating the amount remitted by the Assayer in Charge of the Assay Office of the United States in Charlotte, N.C. for gold bullion.]
[Signed] Frank P. Drane
Assayer in Charge.