The Marietta Housing Authority (MHA) was created by the Mayor and Council of Marietta, Georgia on May 9, 1938, with the first meeting of the MHA Board of Commissioners taking place in June 30, 1938. The Marietta Housing Authority Records date from circa 1938 to 2012, and consist of materials related to the operation and administration of the Marietta Housing Authority. Included are administrative/general files, including MHA meetings from 1938-2011, printed materials, records of the Acworth Housing Authority (which became part of the MHA in January 29, 2009), and files documenting various public housing projects, including topics of asbestos and lead-based paint abatement and analysis, management, demolition, bids and contracts, renovations, unit inspections, business and financial matters, and others. Materials include meeting minutes (including the minutes of the first meeting held by the MHA), letters, technical drawings, clippings, project manuals, annual reports, appraisal records, publications, photographic prints, slides, negatives, floppy disks, and other items. Displayed here are select, digitized materials from the collection. The full collection is available for research at the Kennesaw State University Archives.