Druid Hills Elementary photograph collection, 1935-1936
Black-and-white photographs from 1935 and 1936 of Atlanta's Druid Hills Elementary school, teachers, and students.
More About This Collection
Druid Hills Elementary Photograph Collection, VIS 133, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center.
Date of Original
Druid Hills School (Atlanta, Ga.)
Elementary school facilities--Georgia--Atlanta
Heating--Equipment and supplies
School lunchrooms, cafeterias, etc.--Georgia--Atlanta
Elementary school teachers--Georgia--Atlanta
The photographs in this collection depict activities in Druid Hills Elementary School. The young children from Miss Comfort's class at Druid Hills Elementary are shown learning in the classroom and outdoors, eating lunch in the cafeteria, and taking naps on the classroom floor. The photographs were taken by a photographer from Reeves Studios in Atlanta, Georgia., The Druid Hills School opened in 1919 through Emory University as a school for faculty children, grades kindergarten to eleventh. In 1928, the school was moved to 1798 Hayward Drive, in Atlanta, and in 1959, this location began to house only grades eight through twelve, as the elementary grades were moved to Fernbank Elementary.
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Atlanta History Center