Gospel Pilgrim Cemetery was founded in 1882 as a cemetery for African Americans in the 216th general militia district, Athens, Georgia area. Nine acres in size, it contains an estimated 3,500, mostly unmarked, graves. The Gospel Pilgrim Society founded the cemetery and was "a social and charitable burial insurance organization". The site was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006. This collection contain materials related to the cemetery and its restoration.