- Joseph Henry Lumpkin Family Papers
- Letter: to [Callie] King, [between 1849 and 1855?]
- Banon, E. H.
- Date of Original:
- Georgia--Social life and customs--19th century
King, Callie, 1826-1905
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- letters (correspondence)
- In this letter written between 1849 and 1855 to Callie Lumpkin King, daughter of Joseph Henry Lumpkin and wife of Porter King, E.H. Banon postpones a visit.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [identification of item], Joseph Henry Lumpkin family papers, 1821-1862 (bulk 1852-1857), Alexander Campbell King Law Library, University of Georgia School of Law, on deposit at the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries , presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 2 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by Alexander Campbell King Law Library, University of Georgia School of Law, on deposit at the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Joseph Henry Lumpkin family papers, 1821-1862 (bulk 1852-1857), box 1, folder 1, document jhl0001.
- Holding Institution:
- Alexander Campbell King Law Library
My dear Friend
Mrs. McIntosh has just sent round to borrow the carraiage [carriage] for them to makes [make] some visits this evening - so I thought we had best put off our visit to Miss Anna until another time - as she will perhaps be going out with her Sister. I am sorry I did not speak to Mrs. McI. [McIntosh] this morning of our intention - We can go at another time -- . Love & kisses for the children-.
Yours very sincerely
[Signed] E.H. Banon
Mrs Porter King